Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Easter!!

I know I am backtracking, but I warned you I would! We had a great and very busy Easter! We were so glad we got to be back at home for Easter! Cohen's first Easter egg hunt for 2008 was on Saturday in Kansas City. The city of Shawnee had one near Nana and Papa's house, so we took Cohen that morning before we left for E town. It was a bit cold, as you can tell in the pictures, so we left Addi with Nana and Papa. Cohen has a lot of fun and got lots of eggs! His basket was full so we decided to leave the rest for the other kids! On Easter Sunday, we started at Grandpa and Mimi's house. We had lunch, opened their Easter baskets and had a Easter egg hunt with cousins Lauren and Caden. The kids had so much fun getting their Easter gifts and looking for the eggs! They definitely got spoiled by the Easter bunny, Mimi, Nana Cisneros, and the Luna family! Thanks to everyone for all their gifts!! The next stop on the Easter bunny trail was to go with Lauren to her great-grandparents house. She wanted Cohen to go with her while Addi took a nap. They had another easter egg hunt and cracked the cascarones on everyone's head!! For those of you that don't know about cascarones, it's a mexican Easter tradition where you crack confetti filled eggs on people's heads! Cohen and Lauren had a blast! Of course, my brother-in-laws family is ruthless when it comes to cascarones! They crack them on the head, down the shirt, and down the back of the pants! I also couldn't tell you how many dozens of eggs they went through, of course the WHOLE family gets involved, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandma! At the end of the event we were covered in confetti and has some in the pants!! Last stop on the bunny trail was Papo and Nana Ramirez's house for dinner and another egg hunt! The kids also opened another Easter basket and cracked some more cascarones! We had so much fun attacking Nana!!Once again, they got spoiled by Papo and Nana! Thank you too for the gifts! By the time we left Papo and Nana's house, the kids, along with us, were exhausted!! I will apologize ahead of time for all the pics, but there were some many cute ones to share!!

LOVE this pic-waiting patiently for the hunt to start and trying to stay warm!


First stop on the bunny trail-Grandpa and Mimi's house


BEFORE - Ready to eat! Were is the food people, I'm hungry!!??

AFTER - Happier now that my tummy is full!!


Cute and innocent!!

Getting spoiled by everyone!

Addi chilling with her cousin Kaden- why are they running around looking for eggs?

Cracking the cascarones and having FUN!!


Last stop on the bunny trail- Papo and Nana Ramirez's house

Getting spoiled so more!!
Am I cute or what?

Getting some help from Papo on the egg hunt

No comments: