Friday, March 27, 2009

Be careful what you wish for!!

Okay as many of you know I have been complaining because we never got a GOOD snow this winter for the kids to enjoy and play in.....well today I got what I wanted!! Of course, I wish it would have came during the winter months instead of now. Needless to say we still enjoyed it! All day today we were in a blizzard. Lots and lots of snow all day with extremely cold temperatures and high winds that created white out conditions and high drifts!! Our entire town was SHUT DOWN....schools, businesses, restaurants, the airport and all the highways! There was only ONE highway that was open out of this town. Of course, it kind of put a damper on Roman's birthday but it was nice to have a lazy day. The kids and I never got out of our pajamas! Saturday morning it had finally stopped snowing and by mid-morning the sun was out and the temperatures were actually quite warm. The snow started melting rather fast. Of course, we got in it just at the perfect time. The kids got to play in it without having to be bundled up from head to toe. They had sooo much fun and we built a couple of snow people! Cohen had fun throwing snowballs and Addi had fun eating it so I had to keep an eye on her! Our swing in the backyard was almost covered
Roman started shoveling when he got up
Can you believe it was warm enough to be out without jackets?!

Cohen kept trying to pick up the biggest snow piles he could


2 comments:

mp said...

aww your snowmans are so cute! glad you guys got out there and enjoyed it.

Donna said...

I can't believe you guys got that much snow! Kenzie will love to look at these pictures.