Saturday, March 28, 2009

Round Two for Addi

Today we had another birthday party for Addison with the family and a few of our friends & their kids! Cohen & Addi were soooo excited to see the family. We weren't sure if anyone would make it our way because of the weather, but by Saturday morning it was good and they were traveling on the only open highway so the road was good. My big challenge for this party was making and decorating the cake. I decided I wanted to make her cake homemade this year. Many of my girlfriends here had made their kids' cakes so I thought I can too....right? YES, I was right!! I made her a homemade chocolate butter recipe cake with a buttercream frosting. It turned out to be easier than I thought it would be! I was so proud of my finished product...I couldn't believe how well it turned out and it even tasted good!! Addi had a great time with everyone and enjoyed being the center of attention again! Elmo waiting to be decorated!
Staying very focused to finish Elmo

YEAH...he is done and ready to be eaten!
Addi and her Lulu
Cheesing it up!! I love this pic


My cousin, Amy, helping her kiss Elmo
Digging into the cake!
Opening presents

Playing with her new musical tea set
Playing with Lulu's dog, Boston....gotta love the snow boots with the skirt!

4 comments:

CaraBee said...

Great job on the cake!!

Donna said...

Awesome job on the cake!!!!!
I am attempting to do a cake with fondant icing (my favorite) for Kenzie's dance recital party.
Addi is growing so fast!!!
Love the boots!!!

Angela Keith said...

I LOVE the cake!! I also love Addi's birthday outfit!! Too Cute.

mp said...

love her tutu! great cake!