Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Homemade ice cream...yeah

Putting in the eggs

Stirring
Can you see how excited she is?

Yeah, now the ice!

Enjoy
We made homemade ice cream with the kids tonight for dessert! I LOVE homemade ice cream!! I still remember every 4th of July we would make homemade ice cream with my stepdad, Ron's, side of the family. It was the highlight of our day! As a kid I was as excited to make it as I was to eat it! Still today every time I think of homemade ice cream I think of my stepdad. Cohen and Addi were so excited to be making their own ice cream, as was Roman and I! Cohen has always loved cooking, baking, etc and I think it is rubbing off on Addi. She was so excited when it was her turn to add things or stir. Their other favorite part was adding the ice to the machine....they love to play with ice. When it was all done, Cohen couldn't believe how all the "stuff" we put in the machine became ice cream! Just like me as a kid, they loved making it and EATING it...with strawberries added of course! YUM-O!!

No comments: