Monday, June 8, 2009

Train Ride....YEAH!!

Ready to go get on the train!!

Cohen was so excited to get on the train he wouldn't stop to pose for the picture! He kept telling me, let's go mom, let's get on the train!!
The kids were so excited!
Can you tell that he is LOVING this!?!

Cohen & the conductor as he came through the train to punch tickets


Styling in their hats!


Walking between cars

Roman's company gives train rides to employees and their family and friends each year. Each time they do it they do a different region and this year they were doing the Oklahoma & Texas region, so Roman jumped on it. Of course, we did have to drive 4 hours to the closest trainyard to participate on the train ride, but it was so worth it when I saw Cohen's eyes light up the moment he saw we were going on the train!! The entire train ride was about 2 1/2 hours and the kids loved every minute of it! They had a conductor come through the train and punch tickets and talk to the kids about trains and their history. Cohen told me it was just like the movie The Polar Express!! They also gave out snacks, on both legs of the trip, so the kids loved that! Cohen and I got up and walked through the train during the trip to see the different cars and how they were decorated. To tell you the truth, Roman and I had just as much fun as the kids did! It was a great family outing and we hope we get to go on another one again!

2 comments:

Donna said...

What a fun day!!!! My family use to take trips in Tennessee...so this gives me an idea!

I love the pictures.

Angela Keith said...

That sounds like a blast!! I have always wanted to ride on a "real" train. The only trains I have been on are at the zoo! Ha