Thursday, November 13, 2008

Boy was I WRONG!!

I thought both the kids were on the up swing with this sickness stuff, but I was wrong!! Cohen woke up this morning with a sore throat and throwing up goop! At first I thought it was just all the junk from his congestion and throat, but WRONG AGAIN! The poor little guy has not be able to keep anything down, not even liquids!! I have heard people talking about their kids having projectile vomit, but had yet to witness it until today. As I walk into my room (after lunch of 2 bites of chicken noodle soup) Cohen throws up all over me, the side of my dresser and the bedroom door. I had never seen so many noodles flying....yuck!! Even the dog, Copper, got to witness one of the shooting throw ups (just Gatorade) and had this look on his face like, what the heck is going on?! The last hour he has been allowed to have 2 Tbsp of Gatorade every 15 minutes and has kept it down, but he still feels awful! My poor baby, I feel so sorry for him because he just looks pitiful! So if you could say a prayer for him to keep these liquids down! We do not want to have to go to the hospital for dehydration, which is what the doctor said we would have to do if he doesn't keep more in him!?! I also am praying that Addi doesn't get it also!!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! Getting thrown up on ranks in my top five of things I really hate! Especially when it is projectile and you have to clean it all up. I so hope that you have a peaceful night!!

Angela Keith said...

Sorry to hear about that!! I hope no ones else gets it! I will say a little prayer for him.

mp said...

oh no! i'm so sorry! is your hubby home? if you need help with anything tomorrow give me a call! i'll come over and help out. let me know!

CaraBee said...

Oh Erica, I hope he starts feeling better soon. We're fighting something around here too. It sucks.

Donna said...

I hope all is well! It is so hard when more than one is sick!

sarah_aka_Fey said...

I am so sorry he's sick! If you need anything just let me know! One time I was putting J to bed and he already had one cuppy so I wouldn't let him have another. He was crying so hard that he started to gag. I thought I had got him calmed down then WHAM he threw up all over the side of my face! In my eye, ear, nose, and MOUTH! It was nasty!