Saturday, April 4, 2009

SURPRISE MIMI!!!

So my sister and I planned a surprise party for our mom's 60th birthday and actually pulled it off!! We, along with all 4 of her sisters and my cousin, met up in Dallas to surprise her. My mom thought she was just tagging along with my step dad, Ron, for a weekend dental conference. I booked our rooms at Embassy Suites and we all showed up Saturday morning to surprise her and surprise her we did!! I was sooo excited that we actually did it and didn't give it away...it was VERY hard to keep a secret for a month! Every time I talked to her I had to watch what I was saying so I didn't let the cat out of the bag and we had to be very sneaky planning everything with Ron. After we surprised her the guys took the kids swimming and the girls went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory and did a little shopping. The rest of the afternoon we hung out...which we love to do as a family. In the evening we enjoyed the free happy hour at the hotel and then we went to dinner at a local mexican restaurant. After dinner, we had some delicious cake. I pretty much lucked out with both the restaurant and the cake lady because I found both of them online and they turned out to be GREAT!! We couldn't have asked for a better day....we had sooo much fun!!! Singing to her at Cheesecake....the piece she picked out was sooo good and I am not a cheesecake fan, it was Raspberry Lemon

Addi and her favorite cousin, Kaden...they could past as twins since they are only weeks apart
Mimi with her grandkids
My mom and her sisters
Dressed up with her fake ruby, crown, beads and sash and ready for dinner
All the guys
The kids enjoying dessert after dinner
Mom and Ron with her margarita cake

Opening her present from Ron, which turned out to be a trip for the week to New York!!

No comments: