Monday, December 8, 2008

Chocolate Advent Calendar

I finally found them in town!! We have an advent calendar that I put out every year, but it is not a chocolate one. I was trying to find one before December and then my friend, Donna, mention finding them online. My problem was I only needed two and the shipping was going to cost more than the calendars!! My tight butt was not going to do that, so I was determined to find some here in town. Well today I find found them and was so excited! What was even better was they were on clearance since the month had already started. I thought, no problem, my kids won't mind eating two or three pieces a day to catch up! Of course the kids were excited about the calendars and even more excited when they opened the first window and chocolate was inside. If I would have let them they would have gotten ALL caught up on the date today! Cohen was especially happy because in the first window the chocolate was in the shape on a TRAIN! What a way to start the calendar!! Of course, Addi doesn't mind what shape it is, she just wants to eat it! Can you tell he is loving his calendar?
Opening his first window...WOW a train!!
Addi is not sure what it is but is excited she has the same thing as brother
Cohen helping Addi open the first window
Just playing after having our first piece of chocolate!
I love these pictures of the kids!!

5 comments:

mp said...

ok where did you find them? we looked all over too!

Donna said...

Ok, here is the stinker part about the calendars. I paid $2.99 ea...OUCH and Rite Aid had them 2 for $1.00. Are you kidding me?!??!?!?!?! :) Now I know next year to wait on Rite Aid. Luckily, I needed only 10. I would not have bought anymore than 10 for $2.99 ea. I was not happy after I saw the sale! :) Next year her Cubbie class at Awana will get candy canes...5 cents! heehee

Donna said...

Oh yeah, I love the pictures of you with the kids. They are so precious!

CaraBee said...

I loved Advent Calendars when I was a kid! I was at Jo-Ann's crafts this afternoon and saw a gorgeous wood one. I almost bought it but decided to hold off. Sophie has no clue about that stuff yet. Next year, maybe.

Colleen said...

I have never heard of these chocolate calendars but after hearing you and Donna talk about them, I kind of want to try one out! Or at least see if I can find one to buy around here. You have peaked my interest! I love the last picture of you with the two kiddos! What a sweet family you have!!