Friday, December 12, 2008

Gingerbread house

Cohen has been asking me to get him a gingerbread house since he first saw them in the store at the beginning of the month. Last week I got a flyer from Bed, Bath & Beyond and they had a picture of the gingerbread houses, plus gingerbread trains. Of course, my son saw it and wanted the train! The next day we went to the store to discover that they had sold out! I thought we were going to have a melt down, but he surprised me and was fine settling with the house! The minute we walked in the door he wanted to put it together. Of course, Roman was out of town so I asked if he could wait until dad returned home. That was VERY HARD for him to do and he asked me for the next two days about building his house! FINALLY dad came home today and we got to put it together! We had alot of fun, except Addi because she just wanted to eat all the candy and did not like the answer "NO"! Can you tell he is excited that we are finally starting his project?!



Halfway done, can you see Addi eyeing that candy??!!

I thought he was going to have a stomach ache eating all that sugar!

At the end he was eating more than he was using to decorate

SOOOO proud of his accomplishment!
Believe it or not, the house is still in one piece!!

2 comments:

Donna said...

It tickles me to see Cohen in his chonies in the past few posts! :)
We have a gingerbread house that we have yet to do! I guess I better get started.
Cute pictures!!

Colleen said...

Your gingerbread house came out SO much better than ours! Ours started collapsing after only an hour! I just love this family Christmas stuff. Isn't it the best?