Friday, December 26, 2008

Ready, Set, Decorate!








We had a gingerbread house contest at my in-laws' house and it was soooo much fun! Roman's sister, Melanie, had bought four kits when they went on clearance, so we separated into teams and decided to have a contest. The teams were Roman, Cohen & myself....his sister, her husband & their youngest daughter....his other sister and Kylie (oldest niece)....and Nana & Papa. We had 35 minutes to make the best gingerbread house we could and his nephew Dylan was going to be the judge. We were judged on most creativity, most candy used and how much the house stayed in one piece!! This was one of the funniest things we had done as a family in a while!!! Half the time we were laughing so hard we couldn't work and I laugh now as I think back about it!! Papa had to be the funniest. I think towards the end he had more icing on himself and his hands than on the gingerbread house....HAHA! At the end of time we had to stop working and walk away from the table so when Dylan came into the kitchen he didn't know what gingerbread house belonged to who! Out of the four, two were pretty good and two were a bit of a MESS! In the end, I would have to say the best team did win....US!! Melanie and her family were pretty good competition, but their house started to fall apart as Dylan came to judge...HAHA! The next day, Jeremy (my brother in-law) was still trying to work on the house because he was determined to make the roof stay on the house!! Oh, what fun!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

How fun! I think having lots of family around at Christmas makes it soooo much more special!

It looks like you guys had a very busy and wonderful holiday season!