Saturday, February 28, 2009

LOVE IS....

Sooo...this month I have been thinking about and keeping track of things that I love about my kids and my family! I got the idea after reading a similar post from one of my friend's blog (thanks Donna :) ) and the fact that the month of February has you thinking about those things! So here is my list...nothing exciting to some, but to me it is the important things in my life at the time...just the simple things I tend to forget about from time to time...just the simple things I want to cherish about my children's childhood since I will publish this blog some day as my children's childhood journals!

LOVE IS...
*your child crawling into bed with you in the morning and saying, mom you want to snuggle and watch cartoons? It's one of my favorite things to do with you!

*the sound of your child's laughter

*your child wrapping their tiny arms around your neck to give you a hug & just being content there in your arms and it makes me want to freeze the moment

*having your husband as your best friend and showing your kids the importance of your marriage and family

*having a GREAT BIG CRAZY FAMILY...whether it be immediate or extended...one that teaches your children about the true meaning of family, traditions and LOVE

*your child telling you after church that you look BEAUTIFUL today and they love you sooo much

*watching your husband play and laugh with your kids

*seeing the LOVE and BOND between your children and their grandparents...it's just unconditional love

*watching your child's eyes light up when you come back from being gone, even if it was just to the grocery store

*looking forward to and enjoying "date night" with your husband

*dancing around the living room with your children to "Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

*your child having you wrapped around their little finger...whether they be a momma's boy or a daddy's girl (even as a grown adult...I know I am still my dad's little girl)

*watching the quirky little things your children do and say that makes them their unique selves....Cohen has certain looks with his BIG eyes & Addi does a certain skip and runs with her little arms swinging....quirky little things that I HOPE to always remember about their childhood
*watching your children watch their dad in amazement as he works on the car or wood projects because they want to be just like him someday.....later you will see them mimic the same thing as they play

*seeing the excitement in your children when you arrive at their grandparents' house or when their grandparents arrive for a visit

*all of us in bed just cuddling and enjoying the beginning of the weekend

*the twinkle in your children's eyes and the excitement in their voices when dad walks in the door from work

*singing and dancing to "I'm looking for my friends" from Sid the Science Guy during breakfast before school...what a way to start the day

*holding your child as they cough, sneeze, puke and whatever else because when they are sick they want to be no where else but in mom or dad's arms

*your child telling dad that he IS "Handy Manny" and can make anything

*just the simple things in life that warm your heart

3 comments:

Donna said...

I LOVE this post!!!!
We do alot of the same things. Especially the dancing to Sid the Science Kid. How funny is that? We do that every morning. And the one that says "I know my mom....my mom is cool...haha" Kenzie always says "Go mommy, go mommy!" As I break it down like only a white girl can do. :)
This is one of my favorite posts of yours! Very touching!!!

CaraBee said...

Erica, this is a wonderful list!! I definitely agree with a bunch of them and look forward to many of the rest. Except the puking business. Yuck.

Colleen said...

Oh my gosh, I had goose bumps reading your post. So very sweet! And I totally am with you on dancing to the hot dog dance from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I always hope no one is peeking through the windows because it is quite a sight!!