Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Calgone...take me away!!

What a day I have had!! My morning started with me trying to play SuperMom with both kiddos and to top everything off Roman is out of town for meetings until Thursday night! UGH!! I'll give you a quick run down of my day...Take Cohen to school, run errands for 30 minutes, go to the firehouse, go quickly to Veterans Nursing Home, go run some more errands for 30 minutes, pick Cohen up from school, feed kids, clean up, nap time (which means my work/computer time), trip to Wal-mart for cupcake materials, feed kids, clean up, make cupcakes, clean up, play, bedtime routine and finally "me" time before bed.....woooooo!!! As I stated earlier, I was trying to play SuperMom this morning because my son gave me the ultimate guilt trip. Cohen's class was going on a field trip to the firehouse and since I have been at the same firehouse with him with MOMS club I thought I would skip out of this trip.....ohhh..... was I wrong!!! Cohen tells me this morning, mom you ARE going with me aren't you? You have to go with me to take pics to put on the computer so Mimi and Nana can see me at the firehouse (he is big into fire engines now a days)! Never mind the fact that Cohen's class has 2-3 field trips a MONTH!! He still insisted I be there, so to the firehouse I go!! In the mean time, I had already sign Addi and myself up to go to a playdate at the Veterans Nursing Home for some trick or treating! I thought it would be fun for her and I know the elderly enjoy it. Of course, both events start at the same time.....GREAT!! But don't you fret....SUPERMOM made it work....a little early to one and a little late to another....but everything worked out! Cohen was sooo happy to see me and his sissy at the firehouse (he didn't even notice us sneak out) and Addi had a ball visiting all the elderly people. Of course, her favorite part was getting the candy. I was glad everything worked out, it makes me smile to see Cohen so excited and Addi and I had some great one on one time!! I still think the people who had the BEST day was the elderly at the nursing home....they LOVED seeing all the kids dressed up! The only way this day could have ended better was to have dad home at the end of it!! By the way, Cousin Hope, do you think I could borrow your nanny if I have another day like this in the future? Just give her an umbrella and let her fly over to me like Mary Poppins does!?! Don't worry, I'll give her back in a month or two!! :)


When the kids arrived the truck got called out, the kids thought that was SOOO COOL to see!!

In these pics you will notice one of Cohen's teachers, she is due in DECEMBER!! She is tiny!!
All the kids are so intensely listening to the fireman! Why don't they do that at home!?!

Can't wait to eat the candy!

Already digging in her bag again!!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

You are such a good mom to do all that running around! Your kiddos are super lucky to have you!!

And about that nanny...hmmmm....do you think I could have her next???

Donna said...

You are Super Mom! Cohen and Addi are blessed to have you as their mom. There are so many that would not have done what you did today! You go Super Mom!!!