Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

What a busy and fun day we had together!! I think I enjoy Halloween as much as the kids do! We started our day by making Halloween cinnamon rolls for a special treat for breakfast. Of course, they were a hit with the kids! I think Addi loved the frosting the best, as you can tell in the picture. After breakfast it was off to gymnastics!!My helper




After gymnastics we went straight over to a Halloween party that my MOMS club was giving for the kids at a local church. They had games set up for the kids to play and the kids got to decorate their own cookies. Of course, my child just wanted the cookie now and didn't want to waste eating time with decorating time! Can you guess which child I am talking about? As you can tell in the pictures again, Addi always had a cookie in her hand!!


When we got home from the party it was time to make lunch. I had a special meal planned for the kids that I knew they would enjoy eating. We made "Mummy Dogs", which are basically hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls, and Halloween Mac-n-Cheese. I found this Halloween pasta at World Market the other day and decided to make Addi's favorite thing to eat, Mac-n-Cheese. I swear she could live off that as her only meal. She LOVES it!! Cohen also could live off of any kind of pasta, so he was so excited to make the Halloween pasta finally. He had been asking to make it since I bought it on Wednesday. I wish I would have found it earlier so I could have sent it to all my nieces and nephews in Kansas, maybe next year! So needless to say, lunch was also a hit!! The "mummy dogs" turned out great, even I was impressed and Cohen really enjoyed making them! I had to take this first pic to show you guys the cool pasta. In case you can't tell, the pasta was in shapes of pumpkins, witches and bats! It was so fun!!



My cooking helper once again, wrapping his hot dog

The finished product...YUMMY!!

We saved our pumpkin to carve this afternoon! Don't ask us why, we just did. Cohen did enjoy helping dad, but still is not much into touching the "yucky" stuff!


We had pizza for dinner. I ordered it from Papa Murphy's and it looked like a jack-o-lantern. It was very cute. I had a picture of it, but now I can't find it. After dinner, it was time to get ready to go trick-or-treating. Our friends, Mario & Marisa, came over to go with us to take the kids out. They love spending time with our kids and get a kick out of them! We took them to a local church for "trunk or treat" and then around the neighborhood. The weather was perfect! We didn't have hardly any trick or treaters though, so I have a TON of candy!!


My cute "spider" and darling "Little Miss Muffet"!
I would have to say I was pretty proud of myself
for how their costumes turned out!


Checking out someone's yard decor. Addi loved T or Ting!!

Digging into their goodies!!

We finished the night by the kids opening their Halloween presents. They got some books, a DVD and a Wendy's Frosty treat book! Thanks Mimi for the books and card. Thanks Nina for the candy, books and blinking necklaces (they can in handy for trick-or-treating)!!


5 comments:

Donna said...

You need to give yourself a HUGE pat on the back for the costumes. You did an AWESOME job on them. They are so adorable!!! I love the mummy dogs. That is one cute idea. I will have to steal it for next year! :) Hey that is the way I get ideas. We did the trunk or treat too. It is a great way to rack up on the candy in a quick way! :) It looks like you guys had a great Halloween! The kids look so adorable in their costumes.

Colleen said...

The costumes came out great!! I am so impressed. You need to go into business! Addi's hat is the cutest!! We made the mummy dogs for our party and they were so good. I'm glad you had such a great day. Isn't funny...I think we all enjoy the holidays as much (if not more) than the kids! I am so sad Halloween is over!!

Hope said...

Super cute!! Little Miss Muffet and her spider looked absolutely adorable...I bet they got tons of compliments. I knew you were a little Martha Stewert, but you really outdid yourself with all the Halloween treats and costumes!! You really have been a Super Mom lately!! Not sure how you do it!! I really missed not being able to do all the Halloween stuff this year since this would be the first year I think E might have had a whole lot of fun...but I guess we have plenty more years to celebrate! Can't wait to see you guys! Miss you and love you!

mp said...

very nice job on the costumes!! you had an awesome day with them!!

love all the pics.

Angela Keith said...

Wow Martha!! You did a great job on the costumes!