Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wrestling Practice

Yes, I said WRESTLING! Youth wrestling as well as high school wrestling is HUGE down here in the panhandle! Since both Roman and I enjoy wrestling we decided to put him in it to try it out. We have tried to put him in a variety of sports so he can find something that he enjoys. So we joined the Amarillo Rhinos Wrestling Club and he seems to be warming up to it. He and the other little girl in the pictures are the only 4 year olds. We are not sure if he will wrestle in tournaments this year or towards the end of the season or not. After talking with the coach, at least he will be more prepared next year when he actually competes. Either way he is considered a rookie in the Tots category! These pics are of them practicing their wrestling stans, their set position and coming up from set position to get to their feet. One thing is for sure, practice WEARS him OUT and helps him utilize his energy! Addi enjoys it to and I'm sure she thinks she will wrestle when she gets big! Don't be shocked, GIRLS wrestle down here! It is BIG, especially in high school. The girls are super good and are state champions! Who knows Addi could be wrestling in the future if we still live here, hopefully not heavy weight! HAHA! Just joking!

Sorry the pics are kind of dark and I didn't have time to fix! :)




No comments: